Join MN Nature and Little Bohemia Neighborhood this weekend to plant trees in the Urban Forest of St Paul, Minnesota!
Date: Saturday, June 13
Time: 10–2 pm
(half-day opportunities also available)
Place: Harrison Ave & Garfield St, St Paul, MN 55102
What: Plant trees & shrubs
(Team leads arrive 9:30 am)
• Restore wildlife and pollinator habitat in a neglected green space
• Capture stormwater run-off and prevent pollutants in our waterways
• Clean our air
• Restore the pristine beauty of this West End community green space
• Build community
This Experience Will Provide:
• Your own legacy in our urban forest
• A meaningful family project
• Greater understanding of forest ecology & water management
• Confidence in correctly planting and caring for trees
• Community support and engagement
• A fun outing
Things to Bring:
• Water bottle
• Snack or bag lunch
• Rain coat
• Work boots or good working shoes
• Sunscreen or hat
• Optional: Your own gloves and/or tools
About: MN Nature, MNDoT, City of St. Paul, and Little Bohemia neighborhood have partnered to restore the urban forest along a mile-plus freeway ROW in St. Paul. This partnership is based on a simple belief: A single person planting a single tree can help revitalize neglected areas, effect climate change, clean the air, capture rainwater and build a sense of community.
Out of town on this day?
Want to help out in another way (accessibility options available)?
See more events HERE.
Consider printing and sharing the flyer for this event: